Dienstag, 28. August 2007

The good the bad and the ugly

The only reason for the heading is that apparently in about 10 minutes I am going to be called by Mr. Marc Reise to watch a scene of this movie with him and the kids... These are the things they do. Watch like 10 minutes of a movie with the kids... very strange, but interesting.

Life continues to be magnifico... Saturday was my first bool ... (i really need to learn how to actually spell that) tournament. They have them twice a year, one in the early summer that starts at about 6 at night and goes until 3 or 4 in the morning (glad that wasn't the one I attended) and this one called the 'chicken leg tournament' that started at 11 and went until 7:30... (including a lunch and dinner break). The winning prize for the top team of the 24 teams is a trophy that is a block of wood with engraved names of previous winners and standing atop is a large replica of a chicken leg. For dinner they also grill a bunch of chicken legs.. yum (blah!). It was wonderful, the experiance in general that is. Everyone is so kind, there are lots of father child and a few mother child teams. I love the idea of communities getting together often and doing things like this so you actually know your neighbors. I suppose it only works in smaller communities though, like this one... but very enjoyable. (we ranked 10th, me and big Bruno)

The nice days are equally split with rainy days, but at least there are still nice warm beautiful days to go out and see the sights. I have so much I am currently looking forward to. Next Thursday there is a sheep gathering of all the sheep in the alps ( i would assume just the ones around here) in a local village where they are divided back up by their rightful owners and taken home.... hopefully it is all I imagine it to be and I will attend. My second cousins ( i believe that is their title) are visiting this weekend which shall be quite pleasant to have company. And eventually I have 2- 3 day weekends in a row, which I'm not quite sure what I will do but hopefully I will do something other than a normal weekend.

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

who are our second cousins? and how are they visiting you?