Freitag, 10. August 2007

please let me live

Good week, nothing too exciting. Thursday was a day filled with plums. Pitting and dicing 200 Kilos of plums to be dried (luckly I wasn't there friday for the 200 other kilos). And then arrive home to plum tart. Although this was much tastier then the semi tart fresh plums I had been munching on. Today I was asked to help clean up the kidergarten pond, and learned how to mow... or 'moo' as they say it with some hack like thing. it looked like a big grime reaper type stick and you hack the blade horizontal over the grass and hope to chop some of it down. Hard work but interesting.

Tonight I shall enter the night life of bern with the Stephanie (the other zietlam american nanny). She dropped in yesterday. Don't get me wrong, i don't mind people dropping in, but they can't just sit there forever doing nothing wasting my worshiped free time. She is nice and smart, as previously stated, but she is... straightedge. And we disagree with almost everything. To define this for the confused it means she has never done anything 'wrong', which is fine, but i'm usually more attracted to semi rebelious or more interesting people in other ways kind of people. She doesn't think there is anything wrong with how the environment is being destroyed, she figures just let things go and eventually 'checks and balances' will work it all out. And if you want to have 7 kids and raise them well then so be it. AHH... okay I am just picky because in Madison it seemed like no one followed all the rules, and everyone agreed with my point of view on at least SOMETHING.
Perhaps ill get over it. Or just pretend to.

Overall I am looking forward to this weekend, bern tonight, tomorrow the zietlum party and perhaps sunday bern again if I enjoy it tonight. It is a weekend long music festival type thing and its FREE wow what a term that isn't used here. it is actually gritis i think meaning free or take it or something. At least that is what people tape to things on the curb they don't want.

Keine Kommentare: